Please visit Scoil Chróine’s Facebook page if you are a parent or grandparent of one of our students
If you are a parent or grandparent of a child attending Scoil Chróine and you would like to link up with our Facebook page, please send us a friend request!! If your request isn’t responded to within 3 days, please send a message to our Facebook messenger stating whose parent/grandparent you are.
Maintaining an online presence is vital in keeping the school community up to date with things that are happening within the school. Having a school website is an essential part of this, however web users must specifically visit the school’s website regularly to receive this information. By having a Facebook page, the school is able to feed school information, news, notices and photos directly into the personal news feed of parents and grandparents.
The purpose of having a school Facebook page is:
- To continue to advance our school communication system with information shared via Facebook, along with the existing method of notes, text messages, Aladdin and the school website.
- To publicise school events, and increase awareness about school fundraising.
- To announce any updated information on our school website via Facebook.
- To highlight positive school achievements to the school community.
- To make school announcements
- Users cannot advertise products or services on our school Facebook page
- Users cannot post anything on the page that could be deemed as offensive- Inappropriate or harmful comments/content will be removed immediately.
- Users cannot engage in giving negative feedback on Facebook. It is more appropriate to deal with the school directly on such matters.
- Users cannot mention school staff in a negative light on the school’s Facebook page.
- Users cannot post photos on our Facebook page.
The sanction for breaking any of the above terms is an automatic ban from the page.
You must be 13 or older is to have a Facebook account and all parents are reminded that children under the age of 13 should not be on Facebook.